Front End Developer
There's a little bit of bad in every good and a little bit good in every bad. Every up has a down and every down has an up. It's really sad for our back right now because at the moment she has no front. She'd really love a front, not just any front, a front with a little bit of back in it. Urghhh. What does that even mean?
What our back end really needs is a crazy good front end dev who knows a little bit of back end. Not a full stack cat but one who knows enough for integration to be like strawberries and cream or nachos and sour cream or even creme and brulee.
Our new front end dev will also need to be able to play nice with the design team and our sharky marketeers. Never ever smile at a marketeer. Ever.
Are you a front-end web developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming?
You'll be the middleman between our UI/UX designers and back-end developers. You'll champion bridging the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Delivering responsive HTML templates and integrating them with our web applications using ERB templates in Ruby on Rails.
- Write clean, maintainable and efficient code
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Deliver best-in-class HTML5/CSS3/JQuery front-end code across a broad array of interactive web and mobile projects.
- Develop and test across multiple browsers, platforms, and devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Collaborate in a small team of developers and designers in creating, maintaining and constantly updating our applications.
- University education in related field
- Advanced knowledge of web and mobile UX/UI; adhere to and extrapolate complex design systems and apply to coded pages, screens, and states
- Proven working experience in web development
- Excellent knowledge of version control tools, such as GIT
- Experience developing highly interactive applications
- Experience developing mobile/touch friendly and responsive web applications
- Passion for writing elegant, simple, clean, efficient code
- Familiarity with development aiding tools (Bower, GruntJS, Bundler, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in development with various mobile development frameworks is a plus (Ionic, Phonegap, etc. )